Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hap Painting the Blues

The other day I had to go into the shaping room next to mine to kindly ask if they could turn down their crappy death metal. I was surprised to see Hap Jacobs holding a paint brush. Hap tries to retire from shaping every so often, but here he is tuning up the background walls so he feels comfy getting dirty. The shaping bug does not die. I do not know if this is good or bad. Maybe it should just be accepted. Hap has mainly been doing some balsa boards. They are, of course super nice.
It has been great working around Hap for around 14 years. It has been a high for me to shape some boards for the Jacobs logo, but the best has been able to go surfing at El Porto. We would always go in his car, which is cool. Hap is way too clean to get in my cars, which are known to be a little unruly.

No comments:

Post a Comment